512-965-7895 contact@afsctx.org
1. Call to Order

  • Meeting started at 1:04 PM
  • Attendees: Margot, Jessica Smith, Cindy, Mindy, Stephanie, Marcela, Terry, Renae, Peggy Sue, Miyuki, Manami

2. Welcome new board members (presented by Cindy)

  • Mariela and Stephanie were welcomed as our newest board members

3. Approve Consent Agenda

  • Approval of Consent Agenda moved to approve by Margot and second by Terry √
  • June Minutes (provided by Kathy) √
  • Treasures Report (provided by Terry) √
  • Members Report (provided by Terry) √

4. Test Chair Report (presented by Cindy)

  • There needs to be an increase in testing fees
  • It was noted last year yielded a loss of $1,700
  • A $10 increase to the out of town fee was moved to a motion by Margot and second by Terry (Fee will be $50).
  • There will be a further review of dance testing fee increases
  • We will revisit having separate fees for MIF versus FS testing
  • Terry is to investigate if you can have separate amounts listed for each additional dance test in EntryEeze
  • Marcela to provide a table with the new prices
    • Available on the last page of this document
  • Stephanie moved to have AFSC pay for the Gold jacket, pin, and patch. This is valid only for AFSC members who have been members for at least 5 consecutive years. All other members will receive a patch courtesy of AFSC. Marcela second the motion.

5. BBO Recap

  • Chair positions discussion (planning for 2019)
    • Volunteer Chair – Cassandra
    • Registration – Lee Carol and Cassandra
    • Ice Monitor – Stephanie
    • Silent Auction – Cassandra
    • Awards – Veronica
    • Officials Hospitality – TBD
    • Coaches Hospitality – TBD
  • This will be located in either locker room C or D
    • Volunteer Hospitality – TBD
  • This will be located upstairs in the Mezzanine area
    • Program Chair – Jessica Smith
    • Sale of practice ice – Inky
    • Competitors Bag Chair – TBD
    • Volunteer Chair – Mariela (Margot moved to elect Mariela as the Volunteer Chair and Stephanie second it)
    • Runners – TBD
  • In 2019, there will be a 4-hour rotation block implemented
  • Donations for BBO
  • Vendor Process
  • Marcela moved to give the five Target gift cards to the Super Nova’s club (Junior Club), and Stephanie second it
  • Stephanie is to look into the application process and moving BBO to March in order to participate in the Excel program

6. Safe Sport/Background Check (presented by Renae, Terry, and Kathy)

  • Will start adding board meeting agendas to the website
  • Board members do not have to have this done by July 1st
  • The breakdown has been added to the AFSC website for SafeSport
  • Renae would like to keep up with updating the website with articles. Stephanie will be helping with this task

7. Meeting with Chaparral Ice Rink Management (presented by Cindy and Terry)

  • No agreement was a made
    • 5-year business plan for AFSC was requested
  • One item to note, they will give us the wholesale price on the jackets if we order through them

8. Club Jackets (presented by Terry and Cindy)

  • Fittings – Date and Time
    • On website
    • There are three fitting dates (7/7, 7/11 AM, 7/11 PM)
    • 8 jackets were purchased from Patty (Chloe Noel jackets with pockets)
  • Same style but different sizes for the members to try on
    • Chaparral Ice has a contract with Chloe Noel. Evan will need to be contacted to get more information on pricing
  • Minimum order = 6 jackets
  • Chaparral Ice’s cost = $38.90
  • Flying Threads – embroidery
    • By the end of September

9. Club Shirts (presented by Cindy)

  • Classic Logo Design – New Logo Design
    • Board reviewed the new logos
    • None were approved

10. S.T.A.R’s – High Performance Movement Screen (presented by Cindy and Renae)

  • The event will be from 1PM to 6PM
  • There is no cost to club members
    • We only need to provide a venue plus six to eight volunteers to help check people in and document measurements
  • There will be a roller ball exercise at the end of the event
  • Participants will be given a report on their measurement
  • This will be offered to juvenile and higher
  • Cindy will ask to see if the level can be lowered
  • This even has been opened to other clubs
  • Mariela moved to have this and Marcela second it

11. Summer Activity – August 12, 2018, Large Marge Party Barge (presented by Cindy and Stephanie)

  • This event needs to be added to the AFSC website to register family members (non-members)
    • This task has been assigned to Stephanie
    • Terry has been assigned a task to setup a PayPal account
  • Stephanie moved to setup a PayPal account for vendors and activities outside of membership and Mariela second the motion.
  • Fee for guests is $25 per person
    • Stephanie is to create a signup genius for items to bring. She will work with Cindy to coordinate what items to include

12. Fundraising Updates

  • Vince Young Gift Card
    • Terry noted the club made $300 from the ticket sales
  • Vince Young Rose Bowl Jersey
    • Terry explained there were almost 300 tickets sold
  • Holiday Market
    • Stephanie had no update at this time

13. Committees

  • Junior Board (presented by Renae)
    • Election and vacant positions, off ice training, etc.
  • Off ice training fee à $20 upfront for each month
  • Board reviewed the Junior Board application for the upcoming election
  • 2 vacant positions are now available
  • Margot moved to have a website created for the Super Nova’s club and Mariela second it
  • Junior Club (presented by Renae)
    • Membership, t-shirt design, planned activities for the monthly event, adult supervision
  • There will be a price increase to $75 (currently $50) to cover the party, t-shirt, and ice time
    • Terry moved to raise the membership rate and Margot second it
  • Junior Club is now Super Novas
    • Marcela moved to approve name change and Stephanie second it
  • Veronica and Cassandra have volunteered to be the adult supervisors
  • Ice fees will be paid for à up to 5 helpers
  • When the monthly events get closer to starting, Elisa will create a signup genius to have the volunteers sign up in advance. Marcela will add the signup genius link to the website
  • Junior Club Open House (presented by Renae, Mariela, and Cindy)
    • Renae presented the flyer (contains the date and time, overview of the club, activities planned, etc)
    • Plan is to send out a survey beforehand to give members a chance to come up with suggestions

14. Old and New Business

  • Terry: We need either a PO Box or a box at the rink to receive mail.
    • We will revisit this request and decide which of the two to get
  • Cindy: AFSC Logo
    • Check price difference between the flag logo and the original logo

15. Adjourn Meeting

  • Ended at 4:05PM

Revised Test Fees – Test types marked in red bold denotes a price change from the original list

 

Test Type New Test Fee Old MIF Fee Old FS Fee Old Dance Fee
Pre-Preliminary $55 $44 $42
Preliminary $65 $44 $42
Pre-Juvenile $72 $62 $50
Juvenile $72 $62 $50
Intermediate $75 $75 $50
Novice $75 $75 $62
Junior $80 $75 $70
Senior $80 $75 $70
Adult Pre-Bronze $55 $44 $42
Adult Bronze $65 $62 $62
Adult Silver $72 $70 $70
Adult Gold $75 $75 $70
Dance Preliminary $40 $32
Dance Pre-Bronze $45 / $35 / $35 $32
Dance Bronze $50 / $40 / $40 $32
Dance Pre-Silver $55 / $45 / $45 $32
Dance Silver $65 / $55 / $55 $62
Dance Pre-Gold $70 / $60 / $60 $62
Dance Gold $75 / $65 / $65 $75
Previous Next
Close
Test Caption
Test Description goes like this
Call Us
Rink Directions